Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Inspire me!

So I found another Psoriasis and PA group that I have been enjoying reading the last few days.  Inspire.com has many health/disease related boards and a place I'd recommend to check out.

Even reading the posts on this web site it occurred to me just how much misinformation and lack of information is out there.  Granted this being an autoimmune disorder it can be extremely hard to pin down a diagnosis let alone find a workable treatment, but some things I have read just today have been total malarkey.  It saddens me that people will spout uninformed and uneducated things as the end all fact.  That being said I understand that each body is different so each person has their own chemistry to find the antidote or measure of relief for.  On the other side of that coin is the amazing community and support that is available.  So many people who are sympathetic to each other.  I saw one poster who had been diagnosed with PA 30+ years ago giving tips and advice to someone who had recently been diagnosed. That is truly inspirational if you ask me.

I don't really have a topic to discuss tonight, but I did want to share the web site.  Even if you have a illness that is not PA or psoriasis check it out.  There is a plethora of afflictions there.  Also Hello to the 30 or so inspire.com readers who came over to check me out.  I was a bit shocked to see my stats today and find they all came from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment