Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sleeping on the job.

Yesterday I came on here a few times, but just couldn't focus long enough to actually come up with something to say so I went back to bed.  I slept the whole day away.  It was the only escape I could find for the pain I was in.  These storms are killing me! 

Today I do feel a bit better.  I feel a kind of like that after fender bender pain.  When you see the accident coming so your whole body clenches up.  The next day you ache everywhere.  You aren't injured, but that adrenaline surge made you tighten every muscle in preparation.  I think it will be another day on the couch.  At least I'm not missing yet another day of work.  I'd really like to get the energy up to go to the Trade days in McKinney.  I need to find my honey a birthday present.

Now on to something else.  I spent quite a bit of time talking to my oldest daughter the other day about what we both want to do when we grow up.  She's 20 and attending LSU.  The whole world is at her fingertips.  I realize she will probably change direction a few times between now and graduation, but she is focused on getting an education.  I on the other hand at 40 have NO idea what I want to do when I grow up.  People have suggested I do something with cooking, but I don't think I have the energy to do something like a restaurant.  It's also been suggested I do some kind of event planning.  Now this really appeals to me.  Something that I enjoy that I can be over productive on good days and slow down a bit on bad days.  My daughter tells me I should do some kind of counseling or life coaching.  I suppose in some ways I have the world at my fingertips as well. 

At the end of the day every day above ground is a good day.  Hopefully I have decades above ground to find myself.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Heather! I needed your inspirational thoughts today.

    Hope your feeling better,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete