Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day 2

It's been a little over 48 hours since I took my first shot of Simponi.  I'm still pretty fatigued, but the nausea and dizziness are better.  I'm having a mild flare, but that very well could be from storms in the region yet again.  The big thing I've noticed today is I itch!  This isn't necessarily an unusual thing with as bad as my skin has been in the last few weeks.  The new thing is that it's like I'm sloughing off all the scales and underneath is new pink skin WITHOUT scales.  This is pretty gross, but I'm having large scales of psoriatic skin literally peeling off.  I feel a bit like a lizard that is molting.  I have a few deep cracks on my hands that will take more time to heal, but the areas that were just scales 2 days ago are looking more pink skin and less scales.  It seems ridiculous that my psoriasis could experience such dramatic change in such a short time, but this is what I am seeing.  The spots that were scaly look a bit like I have scarring from a burn.  Hopefully by tomorrow my dizziness will subside enough that I will feel comfortable driving.  I had my daughter drive me to the grocery store today.  I am thankful she was able to do that for me, but I'm pretty sure her playing speed racer around corners cut at least a few hours off my life.

Not much more to report today.  If my side effects remain mild and I continue seeing improvement in my skin (and hopefully my joints soon) I think Simponi may be my miracle drug for now.  There is a possibility that after a few months the nausea and dizziness will lesson quite a bit as my body gets used to the medication and quits fighting it so much.  I think I can see light at the end of the tunnel!!!

On a side note I made Creamy Bacon Carbonara for dinner tonight.  It was OMG good!  If you are looking for a great pasta dish with all natural ingredients this is your dish.  We added some shrimp to it, but otherwise made it exactly as written on the recipe.  I wish I had taken a picture of it before we devoured it.  It will be a make again meal for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment