Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Feels SO Good.

I know I've been absent for about a week.  I decided to take a road trip to Phoenix.  I am SO glad I did.  Firstly I am getting to visit with my family which I miss dearly living 1000 miles away from them.  Secondly for a joint vacation.  No I don't mean a weed for my friends who like to turn everything into double innuendo.  I mean my joint pain.  Yes I still have pain, but it's literally like turning back the clock 5 years.   I was even tempted to find a place to go dancing just because I think I actually could get away with it.  It never ceases to amaze me the difference the desert climate makes for me.  Even with it being "monsoon" season I feel GREAT in comparison to my normal comfort level.

I really don't think Simponi is doing much for me yet, but it could have something to do with it too.  I will have to wait till I venture back east to find out for sure.  The fact that the pain gradually decreases as I get closer and closer to El Paso on my trip leads me to believe it's not Simponi, but climatic change that is the improvement.  My skin is worse if anything so it's definitely not doing anything for my psoriasis.  I am not having any really bad side effects still either so I will probably give it till December to show some improvement before totally discounting it.

Simponi really isn't the reason I'm blogging today so enough of that.  I am having a great vacation spending time with my family and otherwise doing pretty much nothing.  I feel rested for the first time in months.  Again I say, it's AMAZING!  My mid term goal in life is to move here, hopefully before my arthritis advances to the point that the climate won't make a difference.  The reduction in swelling makes a big difference in the degrading of the joints so getting here for my health is looking like it may become a shorter term goal than I originally planned.  I know my family would be thrilled to have me closer as I am the last one not to migrate to the desert in my immediate family (my kids not included).  Even when I was younger and living at home I don't remember us being as close as we are today as a family.  I miss them being physically in my life on a regular basis.

So here's to the desert and all it's charms.  Even with 100+ temps it's where I want to be very soon.  The only thing I could do with out is the ginormous spider that came out to say hi.  So to close I'll leave you with him.  I'm pretty sure the only thing that will kill him is fire.. Lots and lots of fire....


PS I miss you vaginas!!  I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment