Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Life not just New Year

Happy Holiday's from Phoenix!  I hope everyone enjoyed their chosen celebrations and festivities.  I am really having a great time with my family.

With the new year quickly approaching I know many of us make New Year's Resolutions.  I've never been one to make them.  I believe every day is a good day to start fresh and move forward so making a point of doing it because it happens to be January 1st seems silly to me.  This is compounded by the fact that most people have abandoned their resolutions by the middle of January.

All that being said I've done some thinking the last few weeks.  This past year has been a year of acceptance for me.  I've come to accept that many things will never be the same for me.  Acceptance isn't always a let down, but it can be a  struggle to reach.  In my pondering this week I've also come to realize that many of the most important things in my life (besides my family) will just take a different course of action in many cases.  In some cases things will actually be the same.  In a discussion with someone the other day about helping the homeless I realized that my past habit of keeping fast food gift cards, water, and personal hygiene kits to give out is still something I can do.  I may not be able to do my work that I trained to do, but there are many things that I can do at my own pace such as write, do arts/crafts, create recipes, and counsel people through their struggles with Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis.  Yes those things will have to be at a moderated pace to allow for my disease and it's fluctuations.  Yes I may not be able to make money or as much regular income from them, but these are all things I can do to help support myself and others.  I've always been a resourceful person so now that doesn't change.

So for me this New Year I won't focus on a new year resolution, but I will be focusing on a New Life path.  I will have struggles. I will trip and fall occasionally.  I will also succeed and find happiness along the way as well.

May the New Year bring you joy, happiness and fulfillment no matter how you choose to go forward.  Remember that no matter what, tomorrow IS another day!

Happy New Year!!!

My oldest Daughter and I enjoying Apache Junction.

One of the many ginormous cacti.

The Superstition Mountains

Another view of the Superstition Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment