Monday, November 12, 2012

Itch Itch Itch...

Last week I thought my skin was getting better.  Tonight, I'm not so sure.  I have to admit that since starting Butrans and Arava I am feeling better overall.  I do need 1-3 naps a day and that is with getting a good 7 hours of sleep at night.  However my pain level is now what I would call livable.  The pain isn't gone by any means, but most of the time it's at a level of annoyance.  I do still need to take a vicodin every few days, but I was taking 2-3 a day most days before the Butrans.  That is a notable improvement in my book.  I also notice my brain is a bit more scattered.  That is probably the Butrans since it is giving me a steady dose of a synthetic morphine all day every day.  ANYWAY back to the skin.  My hands were looking SO much better.  Still scaly, but no splitting or bleeding.  The scales were also less thick on most places I have scales.  Today though I noticed the scales are getting worse again.  My hands, scalp, feet, and ears are feeling like I've got hives, but no such luck.  It's just psoriasis.

I have my Simponi shot next week.  I am not holding out much hope that it is going to do anything at this point.  I've accepted that I won't be returning to work, and honestly with the Butrans lowering my pain levels, at least I can have a level of comfort I haven't had in over a year while I'm not working.

SO now it's time to practice what I preach and do some occlusion, limit my internal stress, and find some external focus.  I think I'll be doing a lot of reading about the disability system.  If only I can stay awake long enough to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment