Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cimzia day ONE

I'm now 24 hours into starting Cimzia. It was approved for PsA last September. The Nurse Practitioner who is my assigned provider at the Rheumatology clinic at the VA decided it was the only option, but my Dermatologist doesn't feel there's a high likelihood of success with my failures on Remicade, Humira, Enbrel, and Simponi due to Cimzia using the same basis for combating my hyper active immune system. 

So far no major side effects. Some nausea, mild headaches and minor all over joint irritation. I noticed I had some skin irritation on my forehead and temples this evening,  but that could be my monthly cycle even though it's not my typical pms pimple attack location.  So far in comparison to side effects from the other biologicals I've been on I'd say it's a 2 of 10. IF I have joint and skin or even just joint improvement without more side effects developing or worsening I'd say it's totally worth the minor irritation.

One thing to mention is that the script I got is the prefilled syringes. The needle guage is larger than others I've experienced. This means it is harder to puncture the skin and left me with more bruising than I usually experience. Again not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of. 

Overall so far so good. I'll keep you all updated!!

In other news I'm freezing my ass off in TX. My winter psoriasis flare is NOT happy with me.

Prayers and blessings!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment